Six books published by Indiana University Press have received national or regional medals in the 2017 Independent Publisher Book Awards.
The five national winners were as follows:
- Horned Armadillos and Rafting Monkeys by Darin A. Croft received a gold medal in the Science category.
- Hopeless But Optimistic: Journeying Through America’s Endless War in Afghanistan by Douglas A. Wissing received a silver medal in the Current Events category.
- But What If There’s No Chimney? by Emily Weisner Thompson and Mandy Hussey received a silver medal in the Holiday category.
- Happily Ever After: The Romance Story in Popular Culture by Catherine M. Roach received a silver medal in the Popular Culture category.
- The Milan Miracle: The Town that Hoosiers Left Behind by Bill Riley received a bronze medal in the Sports/Fitness/Recreation category.
Additionally, The Great Smoky Mountains: A Visual Journey by Lee Mandrell and DeeDee Niederhouse-Mandrell received a gold medal in the Southeast Region of the Best Regional Non-Fiction category.
Congratulations to all the award winners!